Fire Door Safety WEEK 2019: 23rd - 29th September
Fire Door Safety Week is an industry campaign that's designed to raise awareness and increase understanding of how critical fire doors are in protecting your people and premises.
Fire doors are one of the most common 'compliance fail' areas found in fire risk assessments - arrange a no-obligation review of yours with JLA today. As a business, you should have their fire doors inspected by experts, in order to:
- Meet legal obligations
- Demonstrate social responsibility
- Keep escape routes intact for safe evacuation
- Protect your building from structural and aesthetic damage
- Safeguard lives and equipment or other investments
We're here for you during Fire Door Safety Week - and all year round
With a full range of fire safety services to help you stay safe and compliant, we can provide all the risk assessments, equipment, training, maintenance and repairs you need under one roof - as well as our exclusive JLA Total Care package that brings everything together for a simple monthly subscription. As part of our wider JLA Group, fire door specialists Fire FM will...
- Conduct a thorough inspection, using only CertFDI fire door inspectors
- Review the condition of the doors, as well as suitability, installation, configuration and compatibility of components
- Check up to 90 components, including hinges, door closers glazed panels, screw types, handles and fixing methods
- Issue clients with a full and comprehensive report, detailing any non-compliances and necessary remedial work
- Ensure that all recommendations are independent and impartial
Top 5 'fails' to think about this Fire Door Safety Week
Fire Door Safety Week is the perfect time to reflect on how effective and compliant your doors are. Here are just some of the things uncovered in a recent survey.
- Over 61% have fire or smoke seals either missing, installed incorrectly or not fitting perimeter gaps correctly.
- More than 230 (34%) of fire doors inspected had excessive gaps between the door and its frame.
- 15%+ had damage to the fire door leaf.
- Over 1/3 had incorrect signage.
- Almost 1 in 5 fire doors had unsuitable hinges.
call 01422822282 or email email@example.com