Commercial infection control
Hygiene and infection control is critical for hospitals, homes for the elderly & vulnerable, schools, hotels, holiday parks and other settings where protecting staff, residents, patients and visitors is paramount.
Keeping your organisation safe from cross-contamination
We’re leaders in critical equipment innovation, and we’re working hard to keep it that way
Whatever your health & safety challenges, you’ll find the products and expertise you need to implement robust outbreak prevention strategies at JLA. Our disinfection and decontamination innovations will help you manage the spread of viruses and bacteria, ensure your processes are compliant and keep everyone as safe as possible from the threat of infection.
What is infection control?
The term ‘Infection Control’ relates to strategies that should be put in place to reduce the risk of an outbreak in your business.
Best practice combines antibiotic stewardship with clinical practice, environmental cleanliness and general hygiene precautions.
Recommended products for infection control
Portable Ozone Room Sanitiser (OTEX)
The ultimate deep clean machine
As an essential piece of kit in the fight against infections, our portable ozone disinfection machine uses natural ozone gas to safely reduce viruses, bacteria and other micro-organisms in the room and on its surfaces – while permanently removing unpleasant odours.
Whilst manual cleaning can reduce levels of micro-organisms to safe levels, the additional use of gaseous ozone following your cleaning regime can enhance the overall impact and provide reassurance that manually inaccessible areas are also treated effectively.
Ozone Laundry Disinfection (OTEX)
Effective disinfection at low temperatures
Discover the benefits of a JLA’s OTEX laundry system and use the power of our validated ozone washer system to kill 99.999% of bacteria, viruses, yeasts and moulds including MRSA and C.diff (Clostridium difficile) – while getting improved results with fresh-smelling, softer linen.
OTEX also prints a verification receipt at the end of a cycle to prove disinfection has been successful – ideal for audit trails and inspections.
Thermal Disinfection Dishwashers
Meet best practices for food hygiene
Unlike standard dishwashers that don’t feature thermal disinfection, and may therefore only achieve limited ‘surface cleanliness’, JLA’s thermal disinfection dishwashers give care homes & hospitals – as well as hygiene-conscious restaurant and hospitality kitchens – the optimum method of killing micro-organisms.
Using a specified temperature for a defined time to eradicate the risk of cross-infection within a load, they not only clean but decontaminate plates, crockery and other items.
NHS Guidelines for ward end dishwashing stipulate that a cycle should maintain either 65ºC for 10 minutes or 77-82ºC for 2 minutes.
Sluice room macerators
Automate your sanitary and waste disposal process
With an ‘Inco’ model that has a built-in bacterial suppressant, and ‘Pulp’ models that offer hands-free operation, JLA’s range of macerators offer a fast, hassle-free alternative to manual apparatus – and eliminate the infection risk of wide area contamination that can occur when using manual processes and yellow bags.
Big-pack hand soap
Maintain good personal hygiene across your premises
Promoting best practice infection control by maintaining good ‘soap and water’ hand hygiene has never been so important. Our pearlised soap forms a rich lather that’s kind to skin while being effective on soil – with large 5l packs for cost-effective stock control in busy commercial settings.
Certainty starts with a Total Care subscription from JLA
Get new kit for no capital outlay and protect your business from unexpected downtime
- Brand new equipment fully installed
- Manageable monthly payments
- 7-day breakdown cover included
- FREE 24/7 service helpline
Infection control solutions for any business
- Improve waste and sanitary disposal with automated macerators, and remove the hassle and red tape of a manual yellow bag process.
- Ensure compliance while taking practical steps to protect staff, residents and visitors from infectious diseases with OTEX ozone laundry machines and sanitisers.
- Use thermal disinfection in your kitchen to meet necessary food hygiene standards.
Hospitals & Healthcare
- Use JLA’s OTEX ozone system to keep staff, patients and visitors safe – and reduce the chances of healthcare associated infections – with validated disinfection in your laundry. Proven to be more effective than thermal disinfection.
- Use ozone sanitisers and macerators for peace of mind in wards and sluice rooms, and choose thermal disinfection for extra peace of mind in ward-end and central catering areas.
Standard precautions for infection control
The most common principles of infection control given by the NHS include best practices in:
- Hand hygiene
- The use of personal protective equipment
- The safe use and disposal of sharps
- Safe handling and disposal of clinical waste
- Spillage of blood and bodily fluids
- Decontamination of equipment and environment
- Safe management of linen
Although these standard precautions are given as guidelines by the NHS, they form a useful foundation for other businesses and organisations to follow healthcare-standard best practices where applicable.
- Meet food hygiene standards and get high quality results in every cycle with thermal disinfection dishwashers.
- Use OTEX ozone disinfection washers if you have a large-scale on-premise laundry for uniforms and table linen – or a communal service launderette.
- Safeguard staff, students/pupils and visitors with thermal disinfection dishwashers.
- Consider ozone washers if you have a large on-premise laundry for boarders and resident staff.
- Provide more hand soap at different wash stations around your buildings and campuses.