Commercial food warmers, including hot cupboards, bain-maries and bratt pans are used in commercial kitchens to maintain the temperature of food to stop it from going cold once it has been cooked.
- Bain-maries are a great way of ensuring pre-cooked food and sauces are maintained at consistent, optimal and reliable temperatures, so food is ready to be plated during busy service periods in professional kitchens.
- Commercial hot cupboards are large, insulated cabinets or enclosures designed for holding food containers, plates and trays. With options for built-in bain-maries, they are versatile and can be used in canteens or buffets to serve large volumes of meals.
- Industrial bratt pans are large, multi-functional pieces of cooking equipment with braise, fry, poach, stew, steam, boil, grill and wet roast capabilities.
There are numerous commercial food warmers that are very popular with chefs, including JLA appliances like…
- The JLA Hot Cupboard range maintains food at a consistent temperature, provides fast heat-up and recovery times, is easy to clean and energy efficient. Our commercial hot cupboards are also available with bain-marie options, making them ideal for serving food in busy canteens or buffets.
- JLA Bain-Maries maintain food and sauces at a consistent and reliable temperature – ideal for busy professional kitchens.
- JLA bratt pans have eight different cooking functions, but can also be used to keep large quantities of food at a consistent temperature with fast recovery speeds.
There are lots of different types of professional food warmers, such as bain-maries, heat lamps, hot cupboards or hot boxes, and heat shelves. Food warmers are critical for keeping pre-cooked food warm and safe temperatures before being served to customers.
A rethermalizer is used in professional kitchens to reheat frozen foods using hot water. Food warmers like hot cupboards and bain-maries, on the other hand, keep cooked food at consistently warm temperatures before being served to customers.
No. Food warmers are an energy-efficient solution for professional kitchens. JLA’s range of hot cupboards costs from as little as 5.6p per hour to operate, whilst our bain-maries are compact and efficient to run.