WHAT IS BAFE?
BAFE is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that oversees the registration and certification of third party fire protection companies, equipment suppliers and service providers across the UK.
What does BAFE do?
BAFE fire assessments will ensure that all of a service provider's fire alarm systems and equipment are compliant, from design to install and commissioning. They will also 'rubber-stamp' the quality of installs, servicing and maintenance visits by conducting random audits.
This will consist of a full onsite audit of the fire alarm system. Sales notes, system designs, drawings, installation plans, commissioning records and ongoing service records will all be scrutinised. This ensures BAFE have a full picture of a fire safety company before adding a business to their independent register of quality.
Why you need a BAFE-registered fire safety partner
Choosing a company with the BAFE 'seal of approval' gives you the reassurance of working with a commercial fire safety partner who you know has officially reached a recognised standard, in line with the highest level of legislation and safety guidelines. The BAFE tick comes with the following benefits:
- Unbiased assessment of a company's competency
- Reduces risks to people and premises with reassurance of having a fully compliant partner
- Speeds up the partner selection process – BAFE has done the due diligence for you
- Ongoing peace of mind – BAFE registered companies are assessed every year to monitor continuous compliance and standards
- Free-to-access register to help you find a competent fire safety partner in your area
JLA's BAFE accreditations
With expert consultants and a nationwide network of engineers, we place huge importance on being recognised as a fully competent fire safety partner. As such, you can rest assured that all JLA Group companies are registered for the following BAFE schemes (each overseen by UKAS accredited certification bodies):
- Contract Maintenance of Portable Fire Extinguishers incorporating Registered Fire Extinguisher Service Technicians Scheme No. SP101/ST104
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems Scheme No. SP203-1
- Life Safety Fire Risk Assessment Scheme No. SP205
Is your provider BAFE-safe?
Visit www.bafe.org.uk to find certified fire protection companies.
Contact us >>