We know that starting a laundry business can be daunting, and that you may need some help along the way. With four decades’ experience, we can offer that help, beginning with a ‘Starting a Launderette’ Business Guide that has been specially designed to cover the steps you need to take when setting up a self service coin-op, ‘drop-off and pickup’ service wash, specialist dry-cleaning or even a collection and delivery business.
How to start a laundry business
Here are our quick tips for starting up your very own laundry venture…
- Write up a solid business plan
- Choose the right location
- Get planning permission (and any permits required)
- Check out the competition
- Decide on your services
- Source reliable equipment
- Explore different financing options – such as subscription contracts
- Pick a comprehensive service plan
- Start marketing and open your doors!
Anyone can set up a laundry business
Thousands of UK launderettes, dry cleaners and coin laundry business owners trust us to provide them with the heavy-duty equipment they need to serve their customers and make a profit. Many of them, often inspired by the U.S Laundromat model, had no prior experience…
If you’re interested in starting your own laundry business, we’ve made it a bit easier by putting together a FREE laundry and dry-cleaning starter guide.
Start a laundry - download your FREE guide
Our dedicated team have created a handy guide to help you on your way when putting together your laundry shop business plan – take a look at what it covers, then simply fill in the form below to download it today and take the next steps towards a profitable laundry business of your own.
- Tips on target market research and marketing
- Advice on the commercial laundry machines you might need
- Expected startup costs
- How much your laundry services could bring in once you open
- How to write a business plan
Get the startup laundry equipment you need for no capital outlay
- Market-leading equipment with no capital outlay
- Fully-inclusive breakdown cover with no wear-and-tear clause
- An 8 working-hour engineer response…or we pay you £100
- Seven-day call-out cover, including bank holidays
- No repair bills – ever
- …all for a simple monthly payment.
FREE Download: Starting A Launderette
If you’re thinking of setting up a laundry business, read our overview of all the things you need to consider.
Get our expert advice on:
- Services to offer
- Planning Permission