Annual gas safety checks are required by law as per the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, but did you know that the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations of 1998 also state that all gas-related work, including fittings and checks, must be carried out a by a licenced provider? Failure to have a safety check carried out on your
gas-burning appliances at least every 12 months could lead to prosecution,
making it all the more important to schedule an examination of your laundry
and catering equipment.
What a Gas Safety check includes
We make it easy for you to stay compliant – we’re a Gas Safe-registered company, after all! When you call us, we’ll arrange for one of our certified engineers to visit your premises. They will inspect your equipment and check all components to make sure that you are compliant with Gas Safety regulations.
Following a successful check, they will provide you with a ‘Gas Safe’ certificate, which will contain:
- Descriptions and locations of all equipment and flues examined during the visit
- Details of the inspection and whether or not the equipment is safe to use
- Any defects or problems identified and any actions taken to provide solutions
- Outcome of visual inspection of equipment and supply pipework
- Details of any other work carried out
- The Gas Safe register number, name and the signature of the engineer
For a commercial catering inspection, the certificate will also contain details of the inspection of the ventilation/extraction system on gas-burning equipment.
Don’t risk it – failing to comply with current safety regulations could result in fines and could affect any insurance claims you might make. Contact us to schedule a Gas Safety check on all of your laundry and catering equipment.