Choosing an industrial washing machine or dryer for your business can be tricky. After all, each machine has different features and benefits. So, how do you know which is best for you?
To help, we’ve put together this guide. As well as explaining which features you should look out for, we’ve also provided a brief explanation of which option in our range may be best for your business.
Top washing machine features
When picking a new industrial washing machine, top features you should look for include:
- High G-force and spin rates, which reduce drying times
- Oversized doors, which help staff members load and unload bulky items
- Eco washing functions, which reduce water and electricity consumption and save you money on your bills
- Programmable microprocessors, which will make operation simple for staff members
- Separate loading and unloading areas, so clean linen is always kept away from contaminated linen
Which washing machine is right for me?
The correct washing machine for you will be determined by two factors: the load size you usually wash and whether you require a barrier washer.
Care homes, hospitals and other businesses that must meet stringent healthcare regulations will require a barrier washer for infection control purposes. In this scenario, a JLA large medical washing machine is a great option.
If you don’t require a barrier washer, then instead take a look at the JLA small medical washing machine, which is available in a range of sizes to suit your needs.
Top tumble dryer features
When picking a new industrial tumble dryer, top features you should look for include:
- Pre-programmed cycles, which will make operation simple for staff
- Large lint filters, which make the drying process more efficient
- Tilt options and large door openings, which make it easy for staff to load and unload bulky items
- SAFE systems, which can eliminate the risk of fire
- Insulated cabinets, which lead to substantial energy savings
- Reversing drums, which can stop large items from becoming tangled
Which tumble dryer is right for me?
The right industrial dryer for your business will largely be determined by the capacity you need, whether you require a SAFE system and whether you need the machine to tilt. You’ll also need to decide whether a steam or gas model is best.
Generally speaking, the largest tumble dryers are best suited to hotels and care homes. This is because these businesses wash huge volumes of linens and bulky items, such as bed sheets. If you’re regularly washing and drying these items, then we recommend purchasing a tumble dryer that tilts and features extra-large door opening. In these scenarios, the JLA D tumble dryer is the perfect option.
However, if you’re drying smaller loads or don’t need the dryer to be in near-constant use, then a smaller dryer such as the JLA D heavy duty dryer may be better suited to you.
Need help choosing an industrial washing machine or dryer? Get in touch with the laundry experts at JLA today. Our knowledgeable experts can help you find the perfect machine for your needs.