JLA terms & conditions
We are continuously updating our website, and striving to ensure that it can be accessed by people no matter what browser, computer system or access requirements they have.
If you have any queries about accessibility on JLA, or if there are any features you would like to be added that would make it easier for you to browse our website, please send an email to email@example.com. The email will be sent to our IT team and they will investigate ways to assist you.
Our commitment to preventing modern slavery
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It can take various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery.
It is JLA’S commitment and promise to:
- Act ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships;
- Implement and enforce effective and proportionate systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains;
- Encourage and influence our suppliers to prohibit the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, whether adults or children;
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with our business partners and suppliers to ensure transparent business relationships;
- Encourage openness and honesty and the reporting of known or suspected modern slavery in any part of our business or supply chain at the earliest possible stage;
- Communicate these principles to all suppliers, contractors and business partners at the outset of our business relationship.
You can read more about our commitment on our dedicated Modern Slavery page.
Other relevant terms
Please also refer to the following terms which may also apply to you;
- Our Terms and conditions of supply which apply to the various goods and services that we supply to our customers:
- Where JLA is purchasing goods and/or services from suppliers, the following terms and conditions apply:
This site is owned and operated by JLA Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 01094178 and having its registered office at Meadowcroft Lane, Ripponden, Halifax, HX6 4AJ.
JLA, together with its group companies, will be referred to as ‘JLA’ .
Our VAT number is GB566894869.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- JLA Limited – FCA registered number 631198
- JLA Total Care Limited – FCA registered number 662081
JLA will make reasonable efforts to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site, however JLA makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Please be aware that our Privacy and Cookie Statement does not apply to the collection and processing of your data on such third party sites.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to any liability that may arise as a result of the supply of any products to you, as set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:In particular, we will not be liable for:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Unless otherwise indicated, all intellectual property rights with respect to this site and all information provided on or by this site (whether in text, images, layout, software or other materials) are owned by JLA. JLA permits you to display, store and reproduce material from this site for personal use and non-commercial and informational purposes only. The use of the site of JLA is subject to the following conditions:
- No part of this site may be distributed or sold for commercial gain or for political purposes;
- No part of this site may be modified in any way;
- The copyright notice (‘from the site of JLA’) must appear on every copy or part thereof and the date of copying;
- Unless otherwise indicated, all the trademarks displayed on this site are owned by or have been licensed to JLA.
Nothing on this site should be construed as granting any licence or right with respect to any trademark, copyright, patent or any other intellectual property right of JLA. Permission in writing of JLA is required for any other use of intellectual property contained on this site and all information provided on or via this site. Any misuse of its contents is strictly prohibited.
Uploading content to our site
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our sole opinion, we believe that your post is unacceptable or inappropriate.
[You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.]
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
By accessing this site, you agree that the laws of the England and Wales shall apply to all matters arising from, or relating to, the use and contents of this site or information provided to you by this site. You also agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of the England and Wales with respect to such matters.
We’re always listening
Here’s how we deal with your queries and complaints…
We’ll always aim to do our best to provide the ervice you deserve and epect, but unfortunately there may be times when things go wrong. If you have a complaint about any part of our service we want to hear from you so that we can make improvements to our policies, processes and procedures.
➜ Please get in touch with us directly on our Customer Support page.
We will always try to resolve your complaint as soon as we receive it. As a minimum we will send you an acknowledgement of your complaint within 2 working days.
We will work hard to resolve the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible. Where your query is complex or involves a number of issues, we may need some time to make sure that we have covered everything. We will keep you regularly informed, either by telephone or in writing, while we do so.
Our aim is to typically take no longer than 8 weeks to deal with even the most complicated of complaints, so at the end of eight weeks we will either let you have our final response with our decision on your complaint, or explain to you why we are still unable to give you our final response.
Where appropriate we will also let you have further details on the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you are unhappy with our final response or our investigation has taken more than 8 weeks to reach a conclusion, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
This is a free, independent service which can consider complaints about a range of financial services matters. If you wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do this within six months of the date of our final response.
The contact details are: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR Tel: 0800 023 4567 or, from a mobile 0300 123 9123 Email: email@example.com
Consumers do not have to accept the decision made by the Financial Ombudsman and retain their rights to go to court. However, if the decision of the Financial Ombudsman is accepted then it is binding on both you and us. You can find further details about the Financial Ombudsman Service in the leaflet that we will send you with our final response or our 8 week-update or on their website: www.financial-ombudsman.org
You can get in touch with our customer care team to raise a complaint on our Customer Support page.