BOOK A GAS SAFETY CHECK TO PROTECT YOUR PEOPLE AND PREMISES
What Is A Gas Safety Check?
A Gas Safety check is required every 12 months by law. That means all your commercial gas appliances in your business premises must be safety checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer, and serviced by them too in line with an appliance's instructions.
As well as putting you at risk of penalties or even prosecution, an un-checked appliance could leave your staff, guests, residents, pupils, patients or visitors at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Make sure your kitchen, laundry room and boiler room are compliant with current regulations - book your JLA Gas Safety Check today using the form opposite.
Annual gas safety checks are required by law as per the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. But did you know that the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations of 1998 also state that all gas-related work, including fittings and checks, must be carried out a by a licensed provider? Failure to have a safety check carried out on your gas-burning commercial appliances at least every 12 months could lead to prosecution, making it all the more important to schedule an examination of your commercial laundry, kitchen and heating system equipment.
What does a Gas Safety check include?
A JLA Gas Safety Check is designed to make sure:
- Gas appliances are working at the right, safe pressure
- Your gas-burning appliance airflow is not blocked
- All chimneys and flues are clear, with safe emissions
- Any safety (cut-outs etc) devices on the appliance are working well
Gas Safety Certificates
As a Gas Safe-registered company we make it easy for you to stay compliant. When you call us, we’ll arrange for one of our certified engineers to visit your premises. They will inspect your equipment and components to make sure that you are compliant with Gas Safety regulations. Following a successful check, they will provide you with a ‘Gas Safe’ certificate that contains:
- Descriptions and locations of all equipment and flues examined during the visit
- Details of the inspection and whether or not the equipment is safe to use
- Any defects or problems identified and any actions taken to provide solutions
- Outcome of visual inspection of equipment and gas pipework (supply)
- Details of any other work carried out
- The Gas Safe register number, name and the signature of the engineer
For commercial catering equipment, the gas safety certificate will also contain details of the ventilation/extraction system inspection for gas-burning equipment.
In addition to a mandatory annual Gas Safety Check, you should call a GS-registered engineer if:
- The pilot light continuously goes out on any gas appliance
- You see any black staining or 'burn' marks around a gas appliance
- Any of your commercial gas appliances are not working as they usually do
- An appliance starts burning with a soft yellow flame instead of a sharp blue flame
- Condensation suddenly becomes more noticeable
Don’t risk it – failing to comply with current safety regulations could result in fines and could affect any insurance claims you might make. Contact us to schedule a Gas Safety check on all of your laundry, catering and heating equipment.
Your Guide to Commercial Gas Safety
Get in touch
It's vital that your extractor unit and commercial kitchen canopy comply with HVCA TR19 and fire safety standards. Schedule an inspection and clean from JLA to ensure you meet regulatory requirements.
Reduce the risk of a fire in your laundry room, increase your commercial tumble dryer’s efficiency and comply with safety regulations by scheduling a duct clean from JLA.
Your equipment works as hard as you do; that's why it's important to look after it. Schedule a planned preventative maintenance visit to keep your machines running smoothly.