Benefits of a commercial Bain Marie
- Keeps food warm and display for instant serving when needed
- Hold pre-cooked ‘batch’ foods like curry or chilli
- Reduce food waste by keeping food heated for long periods
- Increase efficiency by cooking batches instead of to order dishes
- Easy cleaning with stainless steel design
- Ideal for front-of house display – in buffets or canteens
- Great addition to restaurant and hotel kitchens
- Portable for flexible use and easy storage in settings with changing demand
- User-friendly controls – easy for chefs, cooks and general staff to work with
- Wet and dry heat options with various capacities
- Attractive design for professional displays in public catering areas
Browse our Bain Marie range...
Modular Wet-Well Bain Marie
- Front-drain taps for easy cleaning
- Wet heat operation for optimum food holding
- Adjustable heat control
JLA Hot Cupboard - Bain Marie Top
- Costs just 6.4p per hour to run
- 13-amp supply – plug and play
- 3 1/1 GN capacity
Bain Marie 1-1
- 1/1 GN compatible
- No need for plumbing
- No installation needed
Peace of mind with Total Care
When we say Total Care, we mean Total Care. The ultimate 'rental' option, our plan gives you extra benefit of full service and breakdown support.
Unlike many leasing alternatives, Total Care gives you all-inclusive installation, maintenance and repairs for a simple monthly subscription payment.
The ideal ‘keep warm’ catering kit - front or back-of-house
As well as making a great addition to restaurant and other hospitality kitchens, JLA’s commercial electric Bain Marie range is ideal for self-serve and assisted serve environments, allowing diners to view the selection of food on offer (canteen-style) as well as serving high volumes of diners that require food at the same time – for example in hotels, care homes, schools and hospitals.
The JLA range of stainless steel Bains Marie comes in a wide variety of configurations – please ask for details using our enquiry form. We can also supply hot cupboards and hot plates to complement your Bain Marie, as well as high quality, reliable commercial ‘servery’ warmers for mass catering food display to suit you and your business.
Commercial Bains Marie FAQs
Wet heat Bain Marie models
Traditionally, a Bain Marie heating system uses wet heat (either hot water or steam) to heat the basin and form a ‘bath’ – or a kind of mini sauna if steam is used – for the food you need to display or keep heated.
Dry heat Bain Marie models
As an alternative, dry heat Bains Marie uses heating elements – just like a small hob or stove – to keep gastronorm pans and batch-cooked dishes at service temperature.
The name ‘Bain Marie’ is the Latin term for ‘Mary’s Bath’ (Balneum), and we’ve adopted the French ‘Bain de Marie’ or Bain-Marie.
While not specifically designed to cook, a Bain Marie is ideal for some of the more delicate food prep, heating and baking tasks in your commercial kitchen thanks to gentler heat distribution. Here are five uses you might not expect for this versatile piece of catering equipment:
- Heat custard or gravy slowly to avoid ‘skin’
- Gently melt chocolate to avoid splitting
- Bake cheesecakes gently to prevent cracking
- Thicken condensed milk for baking or desserts
- Warm sauces like Hollandaise without curdling