Upright Blast Chiller
Whether you run a care home kitchen or a bustling restaurant, you need a commercial blast chiller to help you meet safety regulations and keep your stock safe.
Designed to give caterers complete control of the chilling process
Our stylish upright unit delivers performance that exceeds food safety legislation, is HACCP compliant and meets guidelines for cook chill catering systems worldwide. The JLA Blast Chiller rapidly reduces the temperature of hot foods from 90ºC to 3ºC in 90 minutes whilst eliminating product dehydration and ensuring food is maintained in the best possible condition.
Peace of mind with Total Care
When we say Total Care, we mean Total Care. The ultimate 'rental' option, our plan gives you extra benefit of full service and breakdown support.
Unlike many leasing alternatives, Total Care gives you all-inclusive installation, maintenance and repairs for a simple monthly subscription payment.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to Blast Chill 23kg from +90°C to +3°C in 90 minutes Foodsafe stainless steel exterior and interior
- Radiused, easy clean, interior based corners to reduce potential dirt traps
- Easy to use, 1-2-3 state of the art control panel – 3 simple steps to initiate blast cycle
- Designed and engineered to operate efficiently up to a 43°C ambient, this exceeds Climate Class 5
- Provides excellent thermal efficiency with low GWP (Global Warming Potential) and zero ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential)
- Choice of hard, soft, store and core food temperature probe controlled cycles with audible alarm indicating end of cycle
- Automatic defrost at the end of every blast cycle or every 6 hours in store mode
Blast Chiller FAQs
For help finding the best blast chiller for your business, we’ve answered our most frequently asked questions below.
The slow cooling of food naturally results in bacteria growth, with a particularly aggressive growth rate when food reaches between 5°C and 63°C. This is known as the “danger zone”, and the longer that food is kept within this range, the higher the chances are that your food will cause illness upon consuming. Blast chilling ensures that the food remains in the “danger zone” for as little time as possible, and therefore reducing the amount of bacteria.
Through continuous cool air blasted over the food – something which cannot be done in a residential refrigerator – blast chillers ensure your kitchen is compliant with health and safety regulations.
JLA commercial blast chillers are designed to blast chill from +90°C to +3°C in 90 minutes.
A blast chiller and blast freezer are sometimes confused due to the fact that they both reduce the temperature of food in a quick and safe way. However, a blast chiller fridge typically reduces food to a temperature of 3ºC for temporary safe storage, or until suitable to be refrigerated elsewhere.
A blast chill freezer on the other hand, reduces food to a far colder temperature of up to -18ºC. This is sometimes referred to as “shock freezing”. A blast freezer will preserve food for around three times longer than a blast chill refrigerator making it the preferred choice for longer-term food storage.
JLA blast chillers have radiused corners as part of their interior design to ensure that they are easy to clean, and reduce any potential dirt traps.